A Room of One’s Own /
Bring Your Own Writing Group and
Customize a Writing Weekend
If you are looking for a place where you can immerse yourself in your own creative work: writing, making art, making music;
If you just want to get away for a few days or a week;
If you want an alternative to international hotel style, and a modern B & B doesn’t fit the bill and hostels sound too Spartan –
Try the Old Rectory Experience!
We offer 4 different experiences:
The Artist’s Retreat – a creative space for writers or anyone looking for a quiet working place or just time out.
- A Room of Your Own , In the Main House.
- An Tigín- The Writer’s Cabin is a completely self contained tiny house set in its’ own garden by the stream.
3. Weekend Writing Workshops in a small group setting.
4. Bed and Breakfast in a real family home in a secluded environment.
- If luxury hotel accommodation and en-suite facilities in every room are what you need, then the Old Rectory may not be right for you. But if you’ve tired of the ubiquitous hotel and you want more character than a B & B may have to offer – If you dream of something a bit different: a taste of the peace of a less frenetic age, the character of a simple country house, of sitting under a willow tree by the river or exploring the secret garden, of feeling far from the madding crowd while only a 5 minute drive from the pubs, music, social life, shops, arts and craft centres of Westport – then we may be just that of which you dream.